PLB Rescue Kit - ResQLink+™, HemiLight™3 Special Edition & Self-Adhesive Tape
ResQLink+™ 406 MHz GPS PLB Floats w/o PouchThe Science of Survival
Small and mighty, the ResQLink+™ is a buoyant, GPS-enabled rescue beacon designed for anglers, pilots and back country sportsmen.
At 5.4 oz and topping just 4.5 inches, the ResQLink+™ is both a small and bouyant Personal Locator Beacon. Small enough to be carried in your pocket, clipped to a backpack or stored inside an inflatable life jacket.
With three levels of integrated signal technology - GPS positioning, a powerful 406 MHz signal, and 121.5 MHz homing capability - the ResQLink+™ quickly and accurately relays your position to a worldwide network of search and rescue satellites. A built-in strobe light provides visibility during night rescues.
PLBs have been proven tried and true in some of the world's most remote locations and treacherous conditions. Just ask the 400 or so pilots, boaters and back country explorers who were saved by a PLB during a rigorous test program in Alaska. Based in large part on the test results, the federal government approved use of PLBs in the United States in 2003.
Even in extreme conditions and situations, the ResQLink+™ activates easily. Just deploy the antenna and press the ON button. With its powerful 66 channel GPS, the ResQLink+™ guides rescuers to within 100 meters or less of your position. And, in the continental U.S., search and rescue personnel are typically alerted of your position in as little as five minutes with a GPS-enabled PLB such as the ResQLink+™.
Two built-in tests allow you to routinely verify that the ResQLink+™ is functioning and ready for use - with the push of a button, you can easily test internal electronics and GPS functionality.Features:
- Small in size and lightweight
- Super bright LED strobe
- On board 66 Channel GPS
- Self-test and GPS test features
- Typical Performance of 30 hours
- Non-Hazmat battery
- Velcro Attachment Strap
- Buoyant, but not intended for operation in water, intended operational environments include on ground and above ground including held in hand, but in all cases, the beacon must be facing skyward with the antenna perpendicular
- Made in the U.S.A.
*All units shipping to Canada must be programmed before they are shipped Programmed for USA. For foreign flagged vessels or non-USA residents, please refer to SKU 33712 for programming services.
HemiLight™ 3 - Automatic Survivor Locator Light - Special Edition - 4-Year Shelf Life
Non GMDSS - Not in Retail Packaging
Smaller than other approved lights, the HemiLight™ 3 features rounded edges to maintain the integrity of inflatable life jackets. Attachment loops accommodate webbing of up to 5cm (2") width. The marine tough design ensures years of useful service.The HemiLight™ 3 offers a basic strobe mode which can be activated either manually or automatically.The high-intensity flashing LED light automatically activates for 20+ hours when it comes in contact with salt or fresh water, and can be deactivated simply by pushing the red button. Once the sensor is wet, and the light is on, the light will stay on even if the sensor is dry, unless manually deactivated.
Installation is quick and easy (the HemiLight™ 3 can be retrofitted to almost any style life jacket in a matter of seconds).
- Size: 2.44" x 1.19" x 1.13" (6.19 x 3.02 x 2.87 cm)
- Weight: 0.98oz (28g)
- Battery: Non-hazardous lithium. 5 year life (not replaceable)Meets DOT and IATA rules for safe transport
- Material: Polycarbonate
- Activation: Automatic when in contact with water (fresh or salt), deactivate via manual off button
- Waterproof: IP68, water tight to 10' (3M) Meets IMO standard
- Beam Angle: All directions of the upper hemisphere
- Operational Life: 20+ hours
- Operating Temp: +30°F to +86°F ( -1°C to 30°C)
- Stowage Temp: -22°F to + 149°F (-30°C to +65°C)Approvals: USCG, MED, and SOLAS
- Limited Warranty: 1 year
Self-Adhesive Retro-Reflective Tape
- Thousands of highly-efficient micro prisms reflect light back at source aiding both day and night rescue
- Applies to virtually any surface except wood
- USCG-approved immersion suits require 31 square inches (two 4 x 4 in patches) on both front and back sides
- Complies with SOLAS 74/83; USCG 164.018/4/0 approved; DOT-C2
- Application: Ideal for life jackets, rafts, survival suits, canoe/kayak paddle blades, backpacks, work vests, bicycles
Dimensions (inches): Length: 5 Width: 5 Height: 2; Weight (pounds): 0.5